Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother's Day (To My Mother)

Amidst the April showers,
And the windy days of May,
There is a time that's special,
And that is Mother's Day.
To celebrate your mother,
And all she's done for you,
'Cause through the troubles and trials,
She's always been there, true.
She been there right beside you,
When you have felt alone,
She made the house you live in,
Feel warm and like a home,
She wiped away the tears you've cried,
And held you in her arms,
She's comforted you with gentle words,
And made your heart grow warm.
So Mother, I will love you,
'Til all my days are through,
Now I just have two words to say,
And those are these: "Thank you".

2 comments:

Cindi said...

ok I am crying. Can you calligraphy this for me to put in a frame in my office?

Deb said...

Molly, what a special way to honor your mom. I think it's a great poem. ~ Mrs G