Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Lord Above

The sunlight gently filtered down,
Through the top of trees' green crown,
And played upon the forest floor,
Though shadows it did not explore,
And waved in passing to the breeze,
That wound it's way through ancient trees,
Emerging on a rocky height,
Where below, the ground dwindled out of sight,
And farther out the ocean's roar,
Echoed, as at the rocks it tore,
And the seagull crying overhead,
Passed o'er the path on which I tread,
And as I gazed upon this scene,
A voice came to me, as in a dream,
"Behold, all that you see and more
From forest trees to rocky shore,
Was made by Me, the Lord above,
And is cherished much, with tender love."




1 comment:

Mom R said...

Oh, I particularly like this one. Soul nourishing. I love God's creation, and you made it come alive in this poem. Thank you! Keep up the good and godly work, Molly. Do you have a favorite poet you like to read? Mrs. Rife