Monday, April 14, 2008

Mondays, what can you say?

Hello everyone, it's been another wonderful Monday.
Perhaps I was exaggerating a bit. How about "It's been
another cold Monday." Yes, that works nicely. And how true is that?
It's very annoying when the weather teases you, don't you think? I mean, only a few
days ago I was seriously thinking about finding my shorts, and now I'm digging for my sweater. Quite dissapointing, although I must say, if this is only spring, how hot will summer get? One can only hope we won't need heat shields. Anyway, today my day started with drama (Mom had to get me up because I forgot to set my alarm clock, wonderful things, Mothers are, thanks Mom). I am in a play, and it's going to be difficult because it's a very funny play. If we're laughing so hard we can't even say our lines...oh Orion. You know sometimes I think my cat must have no brains at all. He has been chewing on a blanket my Mom used to cover her quilt, and just now he dragged out of the sewing room into my parents bedroom all the way across the stairwell. Here's an attatchment from him: "Oh, well, um, you saw that? Ah yes, just practicing my hunting skills, got to keep the old claws sharp you know! Well the back ones at least..." He is declawed you know. Well as I was saying, we went by the library on the way home and picked up some books of ours. Then we came home and had lunch, I did my school work, Dad cam home from work, and *takes a breath* Mom and I made supper. Phew. And now, as you can tell, I'm writing on my blog. Fun day. Here's a poem I wrote awhile back:

Beauty from on High

Grass on the dunes,
Fish in the sea,
Birds in the air,
Wind in the trees,
Clouds in the sky,
Sheep in the fields,
Deer in the forest,
Rocky outcliffs that shield,
Dewdrops on grass,
Bees in the flowers,
Rain on the window,
Roses on bowers,
Reeds in a pond,
White-caps on oceans,
Gurgling streams,
Oh what a notion!
God made these things,
For you and for I,
In hopes that we'd see,
The beauty from on High.


In Christ,
Molly

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Thank you for all your help! By the way I love that poem.

Denise said...

Beautiful, beautiful poem. You have talent! Denise (your mom's friend!)