Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Tuesday


Hello again.
Today was a typical Tuesday. We got up this morning, and Thing2 and I did our schoolwork while Mom ran errands. Yesterday in English I wrote a descriptive composition. I will try to post it tomorrow. Soon after Mom came back we had lunch. Then Mom and Thing2 went with me to violin practice. I got a new song, an Irish/Scottish fiddle tune called "Soldier's Joy". It is very upbeat, and I hope I can play it as fast as my teacher. I started violin when I was 4, but I had to stop for a few years, and started back up last year. I like playing fiddle music best. Then we came home. Dad arrived, and took Thing2 to piano practice. After they came back we had dinner. It was garlic chicken and rice, with a salad on the side. I have cleaned up the kitchen, and now I'm writing here. So to wrap up, here once again (I hope you don't mind) is a poem that I thought was appropriate since the seasons are changing.
The Seasons
Spring is a beautiful time of year,
When Robins in the green trees sing,
In the meadows play the deer,
Warm Spring days are full of cheer.
Spring is a beautiful time of year.
Summer is a wonderful time of year,
When frogs by the pondside croak,
And bears their paws in beehives poke,
Hot summer days are full of fun,
Summer is wonderful for everyone.
Fall is a lovely time of year,
When the leaves turn colors,
The air is clear,
And lakes serve as the mountain's mirrors,
Fall is a lovely time of year.
Winter is a gorgeous time of year,
When crisp, white snow falls from the sky,
The wind so cold will make you tear,
And cardinals in your window peer,
Winter is a gorgeous time of year.
In Christ,
Molly

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Your poem is great, this morning though I wonder which season it is...brrrrr!